Vitamin Overdose — Is It a Real Concern

Nowadays, supplements abound on the market, all touting the numerous health benefits that include taking them frequently. Lots of people believe the buzz and pop these supplements like candy. As the saying goes, too much of a good thing is bad for you, no matter what it is. Apparently, that saying applies to vitamins too.

The phenomenon of vitamin overdose is surprisingly little recognized for something that is as pervasive as the fad of taking all sorts of vitamin supplements. Supplements are over-the-counter, unlike prescription medications. Many overdose on vitamins because they do not understand what it is and the role it plays in the body.

Among these are vitamins A (retinol), D (calciferol, typically referred to as the sunlight vitamin), K and E (tocopherol). If you have low levels of specific vitamins, regardless of whether it is a water-soluble or fat-soluble vitamin, you might establish a shortage illness. Some of the more familiar vitamin deficiency illness are rickets (doing not have vitamin D), scurvy (doing not have in vitamin C), pellagra (lacking in B3 or niacin), and beriberi (doing not have in B1 or thiamine).

Most vitamin overdose is limited. It is most frequently observed in clients taking the fat-soluble vitamins A and D, along with concentrating on a specific B vitamin. Clearly, this happens when you have too much of a specific vitamin or number of vitamins, and the gravity of the overdose depending of their age and state of health. The most typical symptoms of vitamin overdose are diarrhea, irritation, dehydration, reduced cravings, irregularity, throwing up, queasiness, and tiredness. If the dose is minimized, these symptoms may disappear.

If you have a vitamin D overdose, this will cause the calcium levels in your blood to increase to hazardous levels, causing damage to soft tissues, kidneys and bones, and potentially trigger kidney stones to form. Pregnant females must be especially cautious not to overdose on vitamins because it may cause potentially major birth flaws.

To prevent a vitamin overdose, do not take more than the recommended day-to-day dose of supplements. Vitamin overdose is incredibly preventable as long as you keep in mind that everything must be take in small amounts.

For more info on alternative health care, read this: http://healthyhabitnow.com/2017/02/23/what-is-alternative-health-care/