There’s nothing like a hot bowl of soup to warm the insides and satisfy the hunger monster. You’ll love the aroma from the seasonings… the whole family will love it. This one is a keeper!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
½ c. red onion, diced small
1 large stalks celery, diced small
1. c. white mushrooms, chopped
1 lb. ground turkey (85% lean)
1 T. Italian seasoning
½ t. crushed red pepper flakes
½ t. garlic powder
½ t. onion powder
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
6 c. chicken broth, preferably organic
½ c. heavy cream, tempered*
1 12-oz. bag frozen riced cauliflower
2 c. Italian blend cheese, shredded, divided
3 T. fresh parsley, finely chopped
*To prevent curdling, add a small of hot liquid from skillet to heavy cream before adding it to the soup.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery and sauté, stirring frequently, until the veggies are soft, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, ground turkey, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder to the skillet. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until the turkey is no longer pink and the mushrooms start to release their juices, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chicken stock. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add a spoonful of the hot liquid to the heavy cream to temper it before adding it to the skillet, as well. Stir to combine and simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add frozen cauliflower rice and 1½ cups of the shredded cheese to skillet and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until cauliflower is heated through and cheese is completely melted. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Remove from heat and transfer to individual soup bowls. To serve, top each bowl with remaining cheese and fresh parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information: **
Total Carbs: 7.29g
Net Carbs: 5.29g
Protein: 26%Fat: 67%
**Source: HappyForks.com recipe analyzer.
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.