Enjoy every bite of these little delicious beef sliders – so tasty you won’t even notice there’s no bun. Spiced up with smoothly crushed garlic and onion, it brings forth the juicy taste in the ground beef; and then we have the onions, bacon and sautéed mushrooms to make every bite “superlicious”!
Tip: You can add an extra tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce into the beef mixture if you aren’t on a carb intake diet or staying away from extra sugar in your recipes. The Worcestershire sauce will even give it more flavour.
Preparation time: ten minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
Serves: 4 (8 sliders)
- 2 Tablespoons of white onion (smoothly crushed)
- Black pepper and sea salt
- 4 ounces of sliced white mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic (smoothly crushed)
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 3 ounces of crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of additional virgin olive oil, divided up evenly
- 3 strips of bacon, chopped into thirds and cooked
Possible Side Dish: 1 12-oz. packed up frozen broccoli, steamed
- First preheat the oven broiler to high and then put it in the oven rack at the top to the second highest.
- Next cook the bacon and set it to the side for later.
- Mix mustard, ground beef, garlic and onions in an average sized bowl. Add black pepper and salt seasonings and use your fingers or a fork to mix until the mixture is properly combined.
- The beef mixture should be split into eight different portions with each shaped into a little patty. Place the patties on a flat plate and smash them down gently with the flat of your hand or a spatula to give them a nice patty size and shape.
- Use a large skillet (oven-safe) to heat up the olive oil on an average heat setting, and then add mushrooms and let them cook for about 5-6 minutes while stirring it regularly until the mushrooms are a lovely brown. Turn the heat off, put the mushrooms in a bowl and set them to the side for now.
- The leftover tablespoon containing olive oil should be added to the pan and swirled to cover the bottom. Put the slider patties into the skillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes until they become nicely browned and are cooked evenly.
- Turn off the heat and add crumbled blue cheese and sautéed mushrooms to each slider. The skillet containing the patties should now be placed in the oven for about 2-3 minutes (or till the blue cheese begins to melt) under the broiler.
- Take out the skillet from the oven and add a piece of cooked bacon to each slider. They should be served at once on a bed of lettuce or with a side of steamed broccoli, depending on your own personal preferences. Enjoy!
Carbs/Serving (2 sliders):*
- Total carbs: 3.0 g
- Net carbs: 2.5 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g.